CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATES
We are closely monitoring the latest information regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) from the CDC and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health regarding the Coronavisus (COVD-19). The health and well being of our clients, staff and the communities we serve is of the upmost importance. We are taking several measures on how we deliver our programs and services and interact with each other, adhering to the latest guidance from state and federal officials as well as the CDC to ensure everyone’s well-being.
Here are the latest updates:
MAB has established an Emergency Response Fund. Read More Here.
Update (via audio clip) From Executive Director, Sassy Outwater-Wright on MABVI’s response to COVID: MABVI’s Response to COVID-19
- All Volunteer Services and in-home vision rehabilitation services are currently suspended. But we are launching a phone-check in effort for more than 1,000 consumers, many of whom are older adults. Staff from across the organization will check on the well-being of our consumers and connect them with community resources, especially to meet basic needs such as food and medicine. Our phones are being answered and we are still making internal referrals and working closely with our colleagues at other organizations. Our Access Tech team is available for phone-based tech consultation and we have peer support resources as well. Call us at 888-613-2777 or review our resource list for additional help.
- COVID-19 Resources For Consumers
- MAB Community Services Statement on COVID-19
- A message to our staff from Barbara Salisbury, CEO, MAB Community Services
- Statement from Executive Director, Sassy Outwater-Wright concerning Coronavirus / COVID-19
- Statement from MCB and MABVI: All Peer Empowerment (PEP) support group meetings shifting from in-person to phone meetings
- Blind Legislative Informational Networking Day 2020 Has Been Cancelled
- Information for our Volunteers
- Up-to-date and accurate information on COVID-19 from the Center for Disease Prevention (CDC): www.cdc.gov/COVID19
- The Massachusetts Department of Public Health website: www.mass.gov/2019coronavirus.
- Up to date information and guidance from the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education: http://www.doe.mass.edu/sfs/emergencyplan/covid19.html
- Massachusetts residents can now call 2-1-1 for real-time #COVID19 information, resources, and referrals in multiple languages.
- To receive COVID-19 text message alerts straight to your phone and stay up to date with the latest news + updates from the Commonwealth, Text “COVIDMA” to 888-777