For Current Volunteers: Volunteer Resource page.
Volunteering for MABVI is a unique opportunity to volunteer with blind or visually impaired people. Volunteering is usually once a week for 1-2 hours, or once every other week for 1-2 hours. Volunteers must be 18 or under 18 and accompanied by a parent/guardian.
To be matched with a consumer, prospective volunteers must:
- Complete an online application and choose from a list of tasks you are willing to help with (volunteers can choose to help with more than one task)
- Take a virtual training
- Complete a Criminal Offender Record Information check
- Have a brief interview with the Volunteer Department Staff
Volunteers can choose to help with:
- Reading mail, magazines, books, and paperwork
- Clerical tasks such as writing letters, emails, and filling out forms on paper or online
- Helping with grocery shopping or errands (volunteers use their own vehicles)
- Serving as sighted guides for running, walking, the gym, or other fitness activities
Central Massachusetts Only (Must be 18 or older):
- Medical escort driver- drivers use their own vehicles and accompany the individual into the doctor’s office as requested
Questions before applying to be a volunteer?
If you are not ready to fill out the application or you want more information, please contact us at email@example.com
Volunteers change lives for the better: Listen to participants sharing their experiences with their volunteers:
Check out a recent story about our volunteer program on WBZ 1030 NewsRadio: