Team With A Vision
Team With A Vision 2022 Boston Marathon
MABVI’s Team With A Vision is proud and honored to be a part of the Boston Athletic Association’s Official Charity Program for the Boston Marathon on April 18, 2022
Our international team of blind and sighted runners race to raise awareness and spread the word that with the right support, anything is possible! Our teams’ efforts allow the Massachusetts Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired to deliver professional, peer, and volunteer support to over 1,100 individuals each year, giving them the support they need to live with dignity and independence. All funds raised support MABVI’s statewide network of vision rehabilitation services, which include 34 low vision support groups, Assistive Technology Centers, and 400 volunteers matched 1:1 with blind individuals. Support this year’s Team With A Vision Here.
Interested in running with Team With A Vision next year? Contact us here.
Team With A Vision has been raising visibility and critical funds for the Massachusetts Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired for over 25 years. Our international team of runners is Boston Qualified athletes in the Para Athletic Division, the Adaptive Programs, and charity runners. Add meaning to your miles by joining our team and being a part of a deep history of running and inclusion. All funds raised support MABVI’s statewide network of vision rehabilitation services, low vision support groups, access technology training, and 400+ volunteers matched 1:1 with individuals who are blind or visually impaired.
About the Boston Marathon race course:
The historic Boston Marathon course starts in picturesque Hopkinton and travels through eight towns and cities to the grand finale in Boston’s Copley Square.
TEAM WITH A VISION CHARITY RUNNERS RECEIVE
- Guaranteed in-person Boston Marathon race entry
- Personalized training program including coaching by Fury 26.2
- Personalized fundraising page and staff support
- Events and receptions
- Race day amenities
- Branded team apparel including team singlet
- Bragging rights that you have finished Boston while creating a better community for those living with vision loss and blindness.
Fees & Fundraising Requirements:
- $50 non-refundable application fee (This fee helps fund a scholarship that supports a blind athlete running Boston for the 1st time)
- $100 will be charged to your credit card, verifying your acceptance. The deposit of $100 will be applied towards your fundraising minimum and holds a Boston Marathon entry number in your name. (If you are selected for the team)
- $10,000 fundraising commitment
- The B.A.A. registration entry fee for the event is $370 to be paid by the runner
2022 Boston Marathon Health Policies:
Entrants will need to provide proof of vaccination prior to participating in the April 18, 2022 race. To be considered fully vaccinated entrants must have completed a vaccination series of a World Health Organization-certified vaccine prior to bib number pick-up (Friday, April 15, 2022). Any registered participant who cannot provide proof of vaccination will not be allowed to participate in the race. Entries will not be deferred, refunded, or transferred to a future race. Requests for a medical exemption will be reviewed individually.
The Massachusetts Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired (MABVI), is committed to supporting individuals living with vision loss and blindness and is the oldest social service organization serving adults and seniors. We teach strategies for doing all the activities you may have previously relied on vision to accomplish. There is no one right way to live with vision loss. Our goal is to help you find ways that work for you and to provide you with the support you need. Over 1,400 residents in Massachusetts use one of our services while over 400 volunteers offer support in reading, shopping, running, and walking.
2021 Team With A Vision Sponsors
Concord Lions Club
Check out some of the media coverage from 2019.