Team With A Vision
Team With A Vision has been raising visibility and critical funds for the Massachusetts Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired for over 25 years. Our international team of runners are Boston Qualified athletes in the Para Athletic Division, the Adaptive Programs, and charity runners. Add meaning to your miles by joining our team and be a part of a deep history of running and inclusion. All funds raised support MABVI’s statewide network of vision rehabilitation services, low vision support groups, access technology training, and 400+ volunteers matched 1:1 with individuals who are blind or visually impaired.
Learn more about Team With A Vision
ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE WITH TEAM WITH A VISION &UNITED IN STRIDE!
During the month of April, join Team with A Vision and United in Stride, programs of the Massachusetts Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired for a month-long walking and running distance challenge across the country in an event that will bring us all together and surely get us moving!
Over the course of April’s 30 days, you and your team will be accruing as many active miles as you can, while virtually traversing the country. All participants will have the opportunity to complete the challenge as an individual or as a member of a team with friends and family both near and far.
As part of the Coast 2 Coast Virtual Challenge, we will be raising funds for Team With A Vision and United in Stride. Prizes (and bragging rights) will be awarded to the teams/individuals that record the most mileage in April as well as for the team/individual that raises the most money. So whether you are running fast or walking to enjoy Springtime, plan to reconnect and join us this April!
- Accept the Challenge! You can sign up as an individual or a team.
- Take the Challenge! Starting April 1, 2021, and ending April 30, 2021, you MOVE every day. You can walk or run and log every step or mile. Sign up today!
- Support the Cause! The Marathon supports United In Stride/ Team With A Vision. Our hope is to raise enough money to bridge the gap until we can run the marathon together. Sign up today!
- Bragging Rights! (and prizes) will be awarded to the teams/individuals that record the most mileage in April and the team/individual that raises the most money. Sign up today!
- No Registration Fee! Registration for the Coast 2 Coast Distance Challenge is free. Plus, there will be some cool free swag gifts!
Whether you are running fast or walking to enjoy Springtime, sign up today and join us this April! It’s time to leave the couch that was 2020 behind.
About the Boston Marathon race course:
The historic Boston Marathon course starts in picturesque Hopkinton and travels through eight towns and cities to the grand finale in Boston’s Copley Square.
TEAM WITH A VISION CHARITY RUNNERS RECEIVE
- Guaranteed race entry
- Special recognition for top fundraisers
- A personalized training program which includes weekend training runs with other nonprofit organizations including water stops and snacks
- Team coach and physical therapist to prepare you for race day
- Race day amenities include private coach bus to Hopkinton and staging area near start line with breakfast and bathrooms
- Branded team apparel including a race day singlet, team jacket, and other swag
- Fundraising assistance including a personal fundraising web page, tips, event ideas, and helpful hints – your success is our success.
- Kickoff party in the fall at the home of Boston University Dean of Students.
- Team meetings and socials where runners can mingle while connecting to our mission.
- Team pasta dinner and awards ceremony with other charity runners and runners qualified in the para athletic divisions and adaptive programs for the visually impaired
- Post-race celebration for runners and their families including shower facilities, changing areas, and dinner
- Bragging rights that you have finished Boston while creating a better community for those living with vision loss and blindness.
FEES AND FUNDRAISING REQUIREMENTS
- $45 non-refundable application fee
- $100 will be charged to your credit card, verifying your acceptance. The deposit of $100 will be applied towards your fundraising minimum and holds a Boston Marathon entry number in your name. (If you are selected for the team)
- $10,000 fundraising commitment
- The race entry fee amount will be set by the B.A.A.
- ’21 requirements to be announced
The Massachusetts Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired (MABVI), is committed to supporting individuals living with vision loss and blindness and is the oldest social service organization serving adults and seniors. We teach strategies for doing all the activities you may have previously relied on vision to accomplish. There is no one right way to live with vision loss. Our goal is to help you find ways that work for you and to provide you with the support you need. Over 1,400 residents in Massachusetts use one of our services while over 400 volunteers offer support in reading, shopping, running, and walking.
Team With A Vision Sponsors
Concord Lions Club
Brookline Pole Banner Sponsors
Team With A Vision Partners
Team With A Vision takes part in other races. Check out our Upcoming Events!
Check out some of the media coverage from 2019.