Team With A Vision
MABVI’s Team With A Vision is proud and honored to be a member of the 2024 Bank of America Boston Marathon® Official Charity for the 128th Boston Marathon® on April 15, 2024. We have 15 openings for charity runners this year!
Apply today to be a charity runner with Team With A Vision!
We will review applications and schedule interviews on a rolling basis but aim to fill the team by mid-October. Registration for athletes participating in the 2024 Boston Marathon on behalf of a member of the 2024 Bank of America Boston Marathon Official Charity Program will open on January 4th, 2024, and close on February 8th, 2024.
By joining Team With A Vision, you can be part of a deep history of running and inclusion. Team With A Vision has raised visibility and critical funds for the Massachusetts Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired for 30 years.
Our international team of blind and sighted runners race to raise awareness and spread the word that with the right support, anything is possible! Our teams’ efforts allow the Massachusetts Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired to deliver professional, peer, and volunteer support to over 1,200 individuals each year, giving them the support they need to live with dignity and independence. All funds raised support MABVI’s statewide vision rehabilitation services, including 34 low-vision support groups, Assistive Technology and Training Centers, and 400 volunteers matched 1:1 with blind individuals.
For more information, results, updates, and to share your Team With A Vision experience:
Do you want more information about Team With A Vision? Contact us here.
About the Boston Marathon race course:
The historic Boston Marathon course starts in picturesque Hopkinton and travels through eight towns and cities to the grand finale in Boston’s Copley Square.
TEAM WITH A VISION CHARITY RUNNERS RECEIVE
- Guaranteed in-person Boston Marathon race entry
- Personalized training program, including coaching by Furey 26.2
- Personalized fundraising page and staff support
- Events and receptions
- Race day amenities
- Branded team apparel, including team singlet
- Bragging rights that you have finished Boston while creating a better community for those living with vision loss and blindness.
Fees & Fundraising Requirements:
- $50 non-refundable application fee (This fee helps fund a scholarship that supports a blind athlete running Boston for the 1st time)
- $100 will be charged to your credit card, verifying your acceptance. The deposit of $100 will be applied towards your fundraising minimum and holds a Boston Marathon entry number in your name. (If you are selected for the team)
- $10,000 fundraising commitment
- The B.A.A. registration entry fee for the event is $375, to be paid by the runner
2024 Boston Marathon Health Policies:
Athletes may be subject to COVID-19 mitigation protocols if required by the CDC, state, and local public health officials.
Entrants will comply with all protocols and procedures related to COVID-19 mitigation and public health for the 2024 Boston Marathon, including, but not limited to, potential proof of negative testing, potential proof of vaccination, and wearing a face mask in designated areas. Participants assume all risks incidental to and associated with attendance and participation in the Boston Marathon, including the risk of contracting COVID-19.
Team With A Vision 2023 Sponsors