Questions To Ask Your Doctor About Vision Loss
- What is the name of my eye condition?
- What is my visual acuity (central vision)?
- What is my visual field (side vision)?
- Am I likely to lose more vision?
- Am I legally blind?
- Will you register me with the
Massachusetts Commission for the Blind?
- Are there other tests?
- What about a second opinion?
- Are there any surgical options?
- What are they?
- Are there any optical or non-optical aids that can help me use
my remaining vision to the fullest extent possible?
- Should I have a low vision evaluation?
- Are there any mobility aids that can help me move around
- Do any of your other patients have this condition?
- Would they be willing to talk with my family and me?
- Do you have any educational materials that describe this
- Are there any organizations that provide services to individuals
with this or related eye conditions?